Monday, January 13, 2014

Love and Peace

 
In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the especially Merciful

The sharpness of the blade is felt as it penetrates his back. He did not see his attacker yet he knew too well who he is. He did not expect that his attacker would stoop so low. There were many skirmishes and sparring sessions before but this was a step too far. They have grown a little older and a sense of maturity was expected of them all. That a sense of dialogue that needs to maintained to iron out any little issue that may arise. But the transgressor must believe that either the victim has the same ulterior motives as him or that perhaps the goodness of the victim already puts the transgressor on the back foot. He pounces, a strong hit as the blade penetrates, then, a twist to finally put the matter to rest. No one can survive that.

And so the transgressor thinks to himself: “Yes, victory at last and no one to dispute with me now. I am the king and have no concern about my tyrannical nature. I have my way to avoid being brought to account because simply put “there were no witnesses”. And it is quite clear that no one will dare challenge me. I have even before taken out the then mighty. Today everyone lives by my rules and shall bow down to me”

And such is life that in families, friendships, groups and communities there are always those who seek the glory. They will lie, betray, backstab and use whatever means possible to attain their goals. They forget too quickly that one day they will be brought to account before our Creator and will face the penalty that day.

So, let us check ourselves that we have not harmed another even like the brothers of Joseph (pbuh) or that we have not cast a stone at another. It is not too late to ask for forgiveness both from your Creator and your victim. As time ticks by, it becomes all the more difficult for when your “victim” is lying on his deathbed, do you expect him then to have the capacity to forgive you?

I say firstly to myself and then to you – that whatever harm we may have done – today I ask for pardon and wish to never repeat any such evil. I say to you, that the harm you caused me, the words of Joseph (Pbuh) to his brothers “today there is no blame on you” – I have forgiven you.

I pray that we spread goodness - that we spread peace – that we spread love.

No comments:

Post a Comment